Regarding your note about the weekend, I completely understand where you are coming from. The community garden has been looking a bit wild lately, mostly because we had that stretch of warm weather followed by consistent rain. Honestly, the tomato plants doubled in size over a week and the zucchini took over the back corner. If you are free on Saturday morning, I plan to head over around eight to tackle the weeds and stake some of the taller plants. Could you bring those bamboo poles from your garage if you still have them? We could also use an extra pair of gloves for whoever shows up. Last time several kids from the neighborhood wanted to help, which was great, but we ran out of tools quickly. Maybe we should put a note on the bulletin board asking people to bring their own trowels. Someone mentioned starting a compost bin near the shed, and I think that is a solid idea. It would cut down on the green waste we haul to the curb. Let me know what works for you and I will bring coffee and some of those cinnamon scones from the bakery on Fifth Street. They went fast last time. See you soon.
OMAHA STEAKS
| Hand-selected cuts, prepared with care. |
|
|
|
A Gourmet Sampler Is Waiting for You Our sampling initiative is now under way. We have assembled 500 gourmet boxes, each normally valued above $600, and have set one aside for your household. |
|
| The sampler is provided at no charge to participants who receive this notice. You will not be billed for the box, and no payment is required at any point. Each cut is hand-selected and flash-frozen to lock in exceptional flavor before it arrives at your door. |
| This offer remains open through Tomorrow. One sampler is reserved per household, so we ask that you submit your details only once to allow fair distribution across all recipients. |
|
| Inside Your Box |
| • 6 Top Sirloins |
• 4 New York Strips |
| • 4 Filet Mignons |
• 4 Ribeyes |
|
| Quantities are determined by program allocation across all recipients. |
|
|
|
| Thanks for taking a moment to review this sampler announcement. |
| |
|
|
So about the potluck next Thursday, I wanted to touch base on what everyone is bringing. Last I heard, Marcus was planning to make that roasted red pepper hummus he brought to the spring picnic, and Dana mentioned a lemon tart if her schedule allows. I said I would handle a big green salad with some toasted nuts and maybe a simple vinaigrette. Do you think we need another main dish? Sarah offered to bring that mushroom and spinach lasagna, which should be plenty for the group if we also have bread and a few sides. I was thinking of doing a baked pasta as a backup, but maybe that is overkill. Could you ask your sister if she still wants to bring the sparkling water and cups? We will also need serving spoons and a couple of cutting boards. I have a large folding table we can set up in the yard if the weather holds. If it rains, we can move everything into the garage and still make it work. Let me know what you hear from everyone by Tuesday. I appreciate you keeping track of the list. Talk soon.
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Facebook