uqw3jr30mklxbvb
Yeah I'm definitely planning to make it out to the lake this weekend if the weather stays clear.
I was thinking we could head out early Saturday morning to try and get a good spot before it fills up.
Hannah said she might bring her kayak and maybe a couple of extra paddles if anyone needs them.
The last time I went out there was maybe three weeks ago and the water was already pretty warm.
I've been checking the trail reports and it looks like the path behind the east ridge is reopened now.
My old backpack finally gave out so I ordered a new one that should get here Thursday.
It has a sleeve for a water bladder and side pockets deep enough for extra snacks and socks.
I'm thinking I'll pack some sandwiches and cut up a watermelon the night before so it's cold.
We should probably coordinate who's bringing chairs and maybe a small table if you have one.
Bryan mentioned he has a portable speaker that actually gets decent sound outside.
If the wind picks up in the afternoon we can always move over to the shaded side of the cove.
I'll text the group Thursday night once I see the forecast and we can finalize the plan.
Let me know if you want to carpool or if you'd rather just meet us out there.
It'll be nice to get outside and take a break from the regular routine for a while.
And if you want to stay for dinner after we can figure something out on the way back.
I was thinking we could head out early Saturday morning to try and get a good spot before it fills up.
Hannah said she might bring her kayak and maybe a couple of extra paddles if anyone needs them.
The last time I went out there was maybe three weeks ago and the water was already pretty warm.
I've been checking the trail reports and it looks like the path behind the east ridge is reopened now.
My old backpack finally gave out so I ordered a new one that should get here Thursday.
It has a sleeve for a water bladder and side pockets deep enough for extra snacks and socks.
I'm thinking I'll pack some sandwiches and cut up a watermelon the night before so it's cold.
We should probably coordinate who's bringing chairs and maybe a small table if you have one.
Bryan mentioned he has a portable speaker that actually gets decent sound outside.
If the wind picks up in the afternoon we can always move over to the shaded side of the cove.
I'll text the group Thursday night once I see the forecast and we can finalize the plan.
Let me know if you want to carpool or if you'd rather just meet us out there.
It'll be nice to get outside and take a break from the regular routine for a while.
And if you want to stay for dinner after we can figure something out on the way back.
|
This weekend I'm trying to reorganize the patio so it actually feels like a place we can sit comfortably.
I moved the bench over by the fence and now there's a lot more open space near the screen door.
The cushion on the old chair finally ripped so I'm thinking about making new covers with some spare canvas.
I picked up a few herb plants at the garden center because the basil and mint from last year never came back.
They had a whole rack of tiny pots and I got a little carried away with the chives and oregano too.
I'm going to hang the string lights higher this time instead of running them along the railing.
It made a surprising difference when we tried it on the porch last fall with the soft white bulbs.
If I can get the watering schedule figured out the rosemary might actually survive through the heat.
I borrowed a small table from my sister and it fits just right between the two rocking chairs.
She said she wasn't using it anyway because they redid their whole deck and changed the setup.
The plan for Saturday is to get everything set up before noon so we can just relax the rest of the day.
I found a decent playlist that's all slower paced stuff and it won't overpower a regular conversation.
Let me know if you want to come over and bring a book or just hang out and watch the bees on the flowers.
It's been a while since we had a low key afternoon that didn't involve running around everywhere.
I think this kind of thing is better when there's no real plan and everyone just stays loose with it.
Would be good to see you if you're not already swamped with other stuff.
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to X
Share to Facebook
I moved the bench over by the fence and now there's a lot more open space near the screen door.
The cushion on the old chair finally ripped so I'm thinking about making new covers with some spare canvas.
I picked up a few herb plants at the garden center because the basil and mint from last year never came back.
They had a whole rack of tiny pots and I got a little carried away with the chives and oregano too.
I'm going to hang the string lights higher this time instead of running them along the railing.
It made a surprising difference when we tried it on the porch last fall with the soft white bulbs.
If I can get the watering schedule figured out the rosemary might actually survive through the heat.
I borrowed a small table from my sister and it fits just right between the two rocking chairs.
She said she wasn't using it anyway because they redid their whole deck and changed the setup.
The plan for Saturday is to get everything set up before noon so we can just relax the rest of the day.
I found a decent playlist that's all slower paced stuff and it won't overpower a regular conversation.
Let me know if you want to come over and bring a book or just hang out and watch the bees on the flowers.
It's been a while since we had a low key afternoon that didn't involve running around everywhere.
I think this kind of thing is better when there's no real plan and everyone just stays loose with it.
Would be good to see you if you're not already swamped with other stuff.


