bdvu32ygf8b3rs8
Hey, I was just thinking about that trail behind the old orchard - you know the one with the split wooden fence and the wild blackberry bushes on both sides. I finally took a walk out there yesterday afternoon, and it looked completely different than I remembered. The grass was taller than my knees in some spots, and there were a few fallen branches across the path where the storms came through last month. Somebody had propped up a weathered blue canoe against a tree, which made no sense but somehow looked right. I stopped near the creek for a while and just listened to the water moving over the rocks. There was a red-tailed hawk circling above the tree line, and it kept dipping lower like it was curious about me. I should have brought a better jacket because the wind picked up around dusk and my ears got cold. Next time I go, I want to head all the way to the old stone bridge where the daffodils come up in spring. It was nice to be outside without a destination for once. Got back home, made some tea with honey, and watched the porch light flicker on.
Then this morning I remembered I still had that bag of sunflower seeds in the car from two weeks ago. The bottom had torn open and they spilled under the passenger seat, so I spent ten minutes with a dustpan and a flashlight trying to scoop them out. Some things never go the way you plan.
Later I might re-pot the rosemary plant on the kitchen window. The soil looks too dry and the edges of the leaves are starting to turn a little yellow. I read once that rosemary likes to dry out between waterings, but this seems like a different problem. Anyway, that's been my week so far. Not much else going on. Hope you are doing well and finding time to get outside too.
|
|
YOUR POINTS EXPIRE TOMORROW.Do not let this balance disappear. Claim your redemption value before the deadline. |
As a valued Kroger member, you currently hold a points balance that is scheduled to expire at the end of the day tomorrow. These points are tied to your Kroger Customer Number and can still be applied toward two significant redemption paths.
| Kroger Customer Number |
| KR-zDhm9-S-mQGS |
| Points Balance |
| 1,762 |
| These points may be used for fuel savings or a $100 Card before expiration. |
|
|
FUEL SAVINGS Redeem points at participating Kroger fuel centers and reduce your per-gallon cost on your next fill-up. |
$100 CARD Convert your points into a $100 Card for future purchases when you redeem before tomorrow. |
|
|
You can review your full balance, verify your redemption options, and complete the process online or in the Kroger app at any time before the expiration deadline passes. |
|
|
Ref: 32424323242432
This is a transactional message regarding your Kroger rewards account. |
|
|
So I was trying to explain to my neighbor how the compost bin works, and he just kept asking if raccoons would get into it. I told him as long as you keep the lid on and bury the fresh stuff under the dry leaves, it should be fine. He then showed me a photo of a raccoon standing on his back porch like it was waiting for an invitation. Honestly I didn't know what to tell him after that. We ended up talking about soil pH and how his tomatoes looked a little sad this year. I suggested trying a different spot with more afternoon shade, but he said his yard doesn't have any shade after two o'clock. So we talked about mulching instead, which felt like a useful tangent. Then his dog knocked over the watering can and we both laughed. It was one of those conversations that starts with one topic and ends up somewhere else entirely. After he left, I swept the porch and found two acorns in the corner by the door. I put them on the railing and forgot about them until this morning. They were still there. I like little markers of time like that. The past few evenings have cooled down enough that I can leave the back window open. Last night a moth came in and circled the lamp for nearly an hour. I ended up reading about how artificial light confuses them, and then I went down a rabbit hole about moonlight and migration patterns. None of it connected to anything useful, but it was a nice thing to think about before falling asleep. I need to find a better book to read. The one on the nightstand has been there for three weeks and I keep skipping back to the same chapter. Maybe I'll start over this weekend.
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Facebook