|
Hey I got your message about the potluck. I can definitely bring that lentil salad everyone kept asking about, but I'll need to make a double batch this time because the last one disappeared before half the group showed up.
My sister is coming into town on Thursday night and she mentioned she wants to borrow my dehydrator for some fruit leather project she saw online.
I told her she can have it as long as she brings back the extra tray I loaned out back in May. She claims it never left her apartment but I know I packed it in the box with the rest of the accessories.
Speaking of boxes, I finally sorted through the stack in the hallway and found three reusable bags I thought I lost at the farmers market last year.
Every time I go there I tell myself I'm only getting tomatoes and bread, and every time I come home with at least two jars of something pickled.
The stand that sells fermented hot sauce started doing samples again and the employee remembered my face from last season. Slightly embarrassing but also kind of nice.
I've been practicing that new bread recipe with the long overnight rise and I think I finally got the scoring pattern to look decent instead of like random slashes.
The first loaf looked like it got into a fight with a box cutter, but the latest one actually has that proper ear on top.
Once I get the oven spring consistent I'll bring one over. That's the update from my end, talk soon.
My sister is coming into town on Thursday night and she mentioned she wants to borrow my dehydrator for some fruit leather project she saw online.
I told her she can have it as long as she brings back the extra tray I loaned out back in May. She claims it never left her apartment but I know I packed it in the box with the rest of the accessories.
Speaking of boxes, I finally sorted through the stack in the hallway and found three reusable bags I thought I lost at the farmers market last year.
Every time I go there I tell myself I'm only getting tomatoes and bread, and every time I come home with at least two jars of something pickled.
The stand that sells fermented hot sauce started doing samples again and the employee remembered my face from last season. Slightly embarrassing but also kind of nice.
I've been practicing that new bread recipe with the long overnight rise and I think I finally got the scoring pattern to look decent instead of like random slashes.
The first loaf looked like it got into a fight with a box cutter, but the latest one actually has that proper ear on top.
Once I get the oven spring consistent I'll bring one over. That's the update from my end, talk soon.


