|
So you were wondering about how I organize my week when I have a lot going on and honestly the thing that works best for me is doing a Sunday reset every single week without fail. I sit down with my planner and I map out the entire week from Monday through Friday and I assign specific tasks to specific days so nothing feels overwhelming. The trick is being realistic about what you can actually get done in a day because if you overload yourself you will just end up feeling defeated before you even start.
I also think it helps to batch similar tasks together rather than jumping around from one thing to the next because that constant context switching drains your energy faster than anything else. For example I will do all my errands on one afternoon and all my phone calls on another morning.
And the last piece of advice I have is to build in some buffer time between commitments because things always take longer than you expect and rushing around is what causes the most stress. Give yourself at least fifteen or twenty minutes of breathing room between appointments and you will feel so much calmer throughout the day. Let me know if you try any of this and if it helps at all.
I also think it helps to batch similar tasks together rather than jumping around from one thing to the next because that constant context switching drains your energy faster than anything else. For example I will do all my errands on one afternoon and all my phone calls on another morning.
And the last piece of advice I have is to build in some buffer time between commitments because things always take longer than you expect and rushing around is what causes the most stress. Give yourself at least fifteen or twenty minutes of breathing room between appointments and you will feel so much calmer throughout the day. Let me know if you try any of this and if it helps at all.


