Yeah, I think the thing nobody warns you about is how fast the shelf space disappears once you get into collecting mid-century glassware.
I started with a couple of amber tumblers from a flea market, and now half my kitchen cabinet is a color wheel of pressed glass.
Honestly, it's less about the hunt and more about the way the light hits them on a rainy Tuesday afternoon.
My neighbor asked if I was turning the place into a museum, but it's really just a slow, joyful clutter.
I keep telling myself I'll rotate the display seasonally, but every time I try to pack something away, it feels wrong.
The best part is that most people don't care about the tiny bubbles in the glass, so you can find real beauty for almost nothing.
Last week I found a pale blue serving dish that matches absolutely nothing else, and it's now my favorite object in the room.
If you ever decide to start, just remember to check the edges for chips before you bring anything home.
Also, never buy a piece just because it's cheap - buy it because you'd miss it if you left it behind.
I've learned to trust that little pause before I set something back on the shelf.
Anyway, that's my small obsession for this month. Nothing fancy, just a lot of careful stacking and good light.
I started with a couple of amber tumblers from a flea market, and now half my kitchen cabinet is a color wheel of pressed glass.
Honestly, it's less about the hunt and more about the way the light hits them on a rainy Tuesday afternoon.
My neighbor asked if I was turning the place into a museum, but it's really just a slow, joyful clutter.
I keep telling myself I'll rotate the display seasonally, but every time I try to pack something away, it feels wrong.
The best part is that most people don't care about the tiny bubbles in the glass, so you can find real beauty for almost nothing.
Last week I found a pale blue serving dish that matches absolutely nothing else, and it's now my favorite object in the room.
If you ever decide to start, just remember to check the edges for chips before you bring anything home.
Also, never buy a piece just because it's cheap - buy it because you'd miss it if you left it behind.
I've learned to trust that little pause before I set something back on the shelf.
Anyway, that's my small obsession for this month. Nothing fancy, just a lot of careful stacking and good light.


