fofjzzz13kj
Honestly, I didn't expect to hear from you so soon but I'm glad you reached out. The thing is, I've been thinking about this for a while and I think the simplest approach is usually the best one. Yesterday I was telling someone that when the weather turns, everything feels a little slower and a little quieter, and I don't mind that at all. There's a certain comfort in routines that don't demand much. I made a batch of soup on Monday and it lasted almost the whole week, which felt like a small victory. My neighbor stopped by to return a book I'd lent her months ago, and we ended up talking on the porch until the light started to fade. I think I needed that more than I realized. Sometimes a conversation can remind you that things are okay, even when they feel unsettled. I've also been trying to spend less time staring at a screen in the evening, which sounds easier than it actually is. Instead I've been flipping through an old atlas and picking places I'd like to visit someday. Nothing serious, just daydreaming. Anyway, I should get going. I promised myself I'd organize the pantry before the weekend, and here I am writing to you instead. Let me know if you still want to go for that walk on Sunday. I'd be up for it if the rain holds off.
|
I was thinking about the last time we all got together and how quickly the afternoon slipped by. It's strange how certain days stick with you more than others, even when nothing particularly big happens. I've been meaning to ask if you ever finished that puzzle you started back in the winter. The one with the old farmhouse and all the tiny fence pieces. I remember you said it was trickier than it looked because half the pieces were nearly the same shade of gray. I picked up a new book last week, something about how people used to navigate by the stars before maps were common. It's slower reading than I expected, but there's a quiet satisfaction in it. I also tried making bread for the first time in months. The kitchen smelled incredible and the loaf came out a little lopsided, but it tasted better than I hoped. My cat has taken to sitting in the window every morning around six, just watching the street wake up. I've started leaving the curtain open just for her. Sometimes I catch myself doing the same thing, coffee in hand, watching the first light hit the neighbor's roof. It's a small ritual but it starts the day on a calmer note. Anyway, I hope your week has had a few good moments like that. We should catch up properly soon. I'll call you once things settle down here.
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to X
Share to Facebook



