Hey, so I finally tried that little diner off Route 9 that everyone keeps bringing up. You were right about the pancakes being huge, but honestly the coffee was the real surprise.
We sat near the window and stayed way longer than we planned because the rain just would not let up. The waitress kept refilling our cups without asking and she told us this whole story about how the building used to be a hardware store back in the eighties.
I keep thinking about the way she laughed when she said the original owners painted the ceiling blue to keep the flies away. Not sure if that actually works but now I want to paint my porch ceiling the same way before the summer hits.
Anyway, next time you are back in town, lets go again. I will drive this time, and we can sit on the side with the booths because the stools by the counter are way too wobbly for my liking.
Hope your week settles down a bit, and tell your sister I asked about her garden. I still have that photo of the giant zucchini she grew last year saved on my phone.
| COSTCO WHOLESALE |
Membership Alert |
|
| Exclusive Loyalty Extension Unlocked |
Valued Member Your membership has expired.
Here's what we're doing about it.Because of your continued loyalty, we're automatically granting you a 90-day extension on your Costco membership. No forms, no calls, no hassle. |
Your Loyalty Reward 90 extra days Continue enjoying warehouse access, member-only savings, and exclusive services at no additional step. Your extension processes automatically. |
|
This one-time extension adds 90 days to your previous expiration date. Your card remains active and your account details stay the same. No payment is required to receive the extension.
| ✓ |
All warehouse locations remain accessible to you |
| ✓ |
Member-only savings continue without interruption |
| ✓ |
Your account preferences and payment info stay unchanged |
|
| View My Membership Details |
Thank you for being part of the Costco family. We look forward to seeing you in the warehouse. Sincerely, Costco Wholesale Member Services |
Costco Wholesale • Member Services |
|
So I went back over to that park with the big oak tree on Saturday morning and the grass was still wet from the overnight storm.
There were about six or seven people there with those colorful yoga mats, all lined up near the small stone wall. I just sat on the bench with my tea and watched them for a while because the instructor had the kind of voice that carries across the whole field.
A little kid on a scooter kept circling the fountain and his dad was chasing him with one shoe in his hand. I think the other shoe ended up somewhere near the flower beds, but they were both laughing so hard it did not matter.
I ended up staying until almost noon, then walked over to the used bookstore on Pine Street and found a whole shelf of old astronomy guides. The covers were faded but the diagrams inside were surprisingly detailed.
Sometimes I think weekends should always be exactly like that. Nowhere to rush to and nothing to answer, just the sound of leaves and the occasional bird making a fuss over a dropped pretzel.
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Facebook