|
okay so you asked about the hike and I keep meaning to write back with the full rundown but every time I sit down to reply something else pops up and now it is friday afternoon and I realize I have left you hanging for three days which is not great of me
the trail itself was in good shape for this time of year a little muddy in the lower switchbacks but the upper ridge was dry and the views were completely clear all the way to the second peak which almost never happens when you actually plan a day off for it we did not see too many other people either just a couple of trail runners and one guy with a very enthusiastic dog that kept bringing him sticks
I forgot my good socks so I ended up with a blister on my left heel by mile four but I taped it up with some stuff from the first aid kit and powered through the last stretch the soreness the next day was completely worth it honestly there is a section right at the top where the trees open up and you can see the whole valley laid out like a map and I sat there for maybe twenty minutes just taking it in
next time we should do the full loop instead of the out and back and maybe pack an actual lunch instead of gas station trail mix because by the end I was running on fumes and a single granola bar I found at the bottom of my bag which I am pretty sure was from last fall
the trail itself was in good shape for this time of year a little muddy in the lower switchbacks but the upper ridge was dry and the views were completely clear all the way to the second peak which almost never happens when you actually plan a day off for it we did not see too many other people either just a couple of trail runners and one guy with a very enthusiastic dog that kept bringing him sticks
I forgot my good socks so I ended up with a blister on my left heel by mile four but I taped it up with some stuff from the first aid kit and powered through the last stretch the soreness the next day was completely worth it honestly there is a section right at the top where the trees open up and you can see the whole valley laid out like a map and I sat there for maybe twenty minutes just taking it in
next time we should do the full loop instead of the out and back and maybe pack an actual lunch instead of gas station trail mix because by the end I was running on fumes and a single granola bar I found at the bottom of my bag which I am pretty sure was from last fall


